Sunday, March 23, 2014

New Car! And St. Patrick's Day

Again, I've been lazy in posting. I have no excuse. I've been on spring break. I'm either doing something with people or mindlessly scrolling through Tumblr. I didn't even do any homework. I'm awful and probably going to have a panic attack about this soon. I spent most of my break working. Nothing very exciting except going out a bit for St. Patrick's Day. Haven't really drank for quite a while so that was kind of fun.

I did my makeup gold and green. It was very hard to get a picture of though -_- and after going to the parade, Devon and I found this huge, glorious liquor/gift store. It was amazing. We spent over an hour just looking at everything. The art on the bottles and the bottles themselves were really fascinating. I found a wine called Aman Ra that I wanted, but...it was like $200. Sorry the picture is so awful in terms of actually seeing my makeup. It was very vivid and bright. Just didn't come across on a camera I guess.



At the beginning of March, I got my new car. Spent a lot of time researching and choosing one and looking around. I decided on a Rio or a Fiesta, and I found a Fiesta I liked first. Was $14000 total for the 'luxury' model of it, a Fiesta SES. The loan included paying off the loan for my broken car and the license and title and fees and such, so it really is reasonably priced considering the actual car is worth $14k on its own.

I absolutely love it. I wanted a cute subcompact car good on gas mileage. It gets 40 mpg on the highway, but I haven't done enough highway driving to get to that. So far with my mix of city and highway driving I'm getting 33 mpg. My dream color would have been the lime green or electric blue, but I was very happy just to not get a dark colored or white car. The dealership was super nice and even sent me some flowers after I bought the car. The $227 payments will suck, but so far it'll definitely be worth it.



0 comments :

Post a Comment