Thursday, May 22, 2014

May Ipsy & I graduated! o.o

A lot and not a lot has happened since my last post. Nothing overly exciting, at least in my opinion. With school done, I've been very lazy and have not accomplished much, hence no posts. And before that I was in a panic trying to get everything done for my class. Homework is so much more difficult when you have to feel inspired and creative to do it. I'd rather hammer out a paper or worksheet or something, something I know I can do whenever I make myself. But oh well, it's over now. It took five years (should have taken 4.5, but I took the portfolio prep class this last semester), but I graduated college. Finally. I'll have a Bachelor's of Arts in Graphic Design. Woo hoo. Now the hard part: Find a job. I applied at Grant Wood, and Ruffalo Cody sounds like it'd be a fun place to work, but I don't have much confidence in my portfolio right now. I thought I would be more inspired after I didn't have to work on it for school, but now I just don't want to do anything. I thought I would at least want to draw. Meh. However, I am going to do some stuff to try to change that, like exercise and eating better.
The picture is me at Portfolio Night, where we show our portfolios to professionals, friends and family and such. It was a lot of work, but went better than expected. And I liked my outfit. Ignore my hands being weird.

My Ipsy bag came a few weeks ago. I, like many other people, found this bag a little disappointing. However, it came in my favorite makeup bag so far, so I think that kind of makes up for it. And I don't understand why some people are so angry and threatening to cancel their subscription. They were bad because the eyeshadow or something was 'only' $10. Um, you're only paying $10 total, so it doesn't seem fair to be upset about this. Yeah, it is nice when you get some nice, expensive brand name stuff for the price you pay, but either way you're still getting way more stuff than $10 worth. And one or two bad months doesn't ruin the whole thing. People should be a little more happy, I think.

Here's my bag and the contents. Isn't the bag cute? It's very eco-friendly looking, and kind of has the feel of a burlap sack. The theme was 'Beauty's Fresh Picks."

Eva NYC
Therapy Session Hair Mask
I had just bought some like L'Oreal deep conditioner or w/e, so this was kind of unnecessary. Plus my hair is pretty long so I can probably only get two or three uses out of it, so I can't really judge how well it works. But it's been an okay conditioner, not bad, not excellent. The packaging looks nice.

Hang Ten
Classic Sport SPF50
Well, I'm freakishly pale, so having some sunscreen on hand is never a bad idea. Just...wasn't exactly what I was looking for in a beauty bag. But oh well. The packaging looks great and it smells better than normal sunscreen, plus it'll be nice to keep in my car for if I ever forget to bring sunscreen.

Pacifica
Mineral Eyeshadow
They also sent out a blue and silver one of these, and I would have preferred that since I already have so many eyeshadows in these colors that work better. I had a hard time getting this to show up well, even with primer. Maybe I need to wet it down first?

Too Faced
Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
The first bronzer I've owned, and it actually smells like chocolate! Thought that was pretty neat. I was worried that it would be way too dark for me, but it layers up very nicely and lightly, so it works well. I just need to better figure out how to use bronzer...

Avene
Thermal Spring Water
Water...in a can? I don't know what to think of this, and I haven't tried it yet. I think it's good for skin irritations, which I don't really have. People have also been using it as a setting spray for makeup, so maybe I'll try that. Not something I would ever spend money on.


If you want to sign up, here's the link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/322m :) You'd also help me out by giving me points if you use that link.


0 comments :

Post a Comment