Friday, April 25, 2014

UniVoxBox from Influenster (Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure & more!)

I got this box last month, I just haven't had a chance to write a post about it yet. I was pretty excited when I got it, and surprised. I got it from +Influenster  which is a site where you enter your social media platforms to show how influential you are, and you write reviews and take surveys and such to raise your influence. Based on your 'score' in these areas, you'll be nominated to receive VoxBoxes, which are free boxes with samples of various products. You then review these products and write about them on your social media platforms. If you complete enough of the given tasks, you'll be eligible to receive more. I never thought I would get one, since my score did not go up for the longest time, so I left the site alone and was then surprised when I checked my score and it was high, and I was offered the University box. Just make sure to check your email for it or else you'll miss it.

So, here is everything in the box. Not bad for being free. And here I am going to write/tag stuff so I can complete some of my tasks for the box :)


Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-on Manicure (#impressManicure +BwayNails )
I don't really wear fake nails, or paint my nails, since my job doesn't really allow it or any sort of manicure would get destroyed pretty quickly. And I didn't really have a good experience with fake nails when I got them for junior prom. But these nails do seem pretty nice. They're around $5, which makes it like $25 cheaper than getting any sort of manicure. You don't have to go through the trouble of getting a professional manicure, which would take a lot of time and money, and you don't have to wait for these to dry or worry about messing up, like you would with nail polish. You just peel and stick them on. It's pretty convenient, and the color is a very lovely pink. Plus I think the packaging is clever, in how it looks like a normal bottle of nail polish, which makes it easy to tell what they are supposed to be.

Playtex Sport Tampons (#PlayOn @PlaytexSportandGentleGlide +Playtex )
I don't use these or play sports, so this was kind of meh for me. I gave them to my sister, who does a lot of track and working out in general, and she seemed pretty happy with them, so apparently they were good products.

Rimmel London Stay Matte foundation (#StayMatteSwitch  +RimmelLondonUS )
This is my favorite product that I received in the box. I was thrilled to find that it matched my skin tone pretty well, and I had been looking for a new matte product for my face. It is super creamy and blends very well. I use it after a primer and before I put my bareMinerals foundation on. It doesn't cover things up too well, but it definitely evens my skin tone and gives a smooth start to my makeup. It just doesn't keep my face very matte, which is disappointing. However, since I started using it I heard good things about the pressed powder in this line, and so I just bought it and it seems to be working pretty well if I put it on after my foundation and concealer.

Pilot Acroball Pure White (#penitFWD @PilotPenUSA)
The pen is orange and white, so I was kind of hoping it would be orange. I just love colored pens of any sort. But it's just a normal ink color. Still looks pretty slick, though, and it writes very smoothly.

Red Rose Real Tea (#realtea @ShareRedRoseTea)
This is a little container kind of like Mio, but instead of normal water flavor, it's supposed to be like tea. Liquid tea. It's a pretty neat idea. I just wish I liked tea. I keep trying and I just don't enjoy it. I gave this to my mom and she seemed to like it. I tried it and it wasn't bad as far as tea went, but I can't really judge it very well since I have yet to find a tea I like. It is a lot more convenient than having to use a tea bag to brew tea. It's great for on the go.

NYC New York Color Extra Last Lipstick (#expertlast +nycnewyorkcolor )
This is the other product I've used the most. I do love make up. I just don't wear actual lipstick very often, especially matte. My lips are so dry and I have to exfoliate and use a lot of balm if I want to do matte. But the color is pretty, even if it is a little neon for me, and it lasts a long time.






0 comments :

Post a Comment